Saturday, March 15, 2014

Vaunty

What did Vaunty inspire?

adjective; meaning "boastful, vain.”





**Dictionomicon was hungry and ate this post.**
Check back tomorrow, we're on a rescue mission.

**Update!**
Contact has been made! Transmission as follows.

I know a lady,
So very vaunty,
All dressed in bobbles,
Her walk so jaunty.
Her Adam's apple,
Her skin so fair,
Her flowing locks,
Her facial hair.

And by her side,
A dapper fellow,
All tweed and ties,
His step so mellow.
His handsome sideburns,
His false mustache,
His hair cropped short,
His long eyelash.

There's he for she,
And him for her,
Ze for xe,
And hir for zir.
Together they stroll,
No fear or despair,
Just hand in hand,
A perfect pair.


I need to talk to you
Like I haven’t in
Years
But something feels so
Off
Inside my chest and it
Carries your name
Carved deeper than flesh
In blood pacts and
Soul deals
Never as easy
As they sound
Written in ink
With a buzz
Echoing
In a sterile room
Or as close
As we could manage
And I need to talk to you
To trace the swirls of the
New scars
You’ve acquired since
Since
Since I went away

I just want you to talk to me too

And I know your words
They’re memorized
In my bones
in whispers
hissing across skin
as vaunty as ever
with a bite
I know how to match
an ego
I bet I can still
tear down
even if I can’t
I still need to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment