Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cancatervate

What did Cancatervate inspire?

verb; meaning "To heap up into a pile;








Noël Coleman


PajamaMan has a habit of not moving her laundry from where it falls.

This is a horrible habit.

A terrible habit. One that breeds bacteria and disease. I still think it’s the reason we all got sick last summer.

Alright, it’s unlikely my little sister’s pile of dirty socks caused a statewide pandemic. Let’s be honest though, it isn’t entirely impossible. She is PajamaMan. You can’t put anything past someone who spends their free time masquerading as a supervillain. (Albeit not a very good one. Totally not my arch nemesis. I’ll find one. Soon. I will. Don’t give me that face.)

The terrible habit does have its advantages.

It allows me, the nameless hero*, to cancatervate her filth into something large enough to hide - - let’s say, perhaps, hypothetically speaking - - a small bomb.

You know, these faces you’re so fond of making aren’t appreciated.

It wasn’t even a big bomb. And all it did was shoot out marshmallow fluff. Relatively harmless.

Or it would have been.

As it turns out, I was right about my sister having a terrible habit.

I wasn’t right so much about PajamaMan’s supervillain abilities.

The result is me sitting here in the hospital again. Aren’t you the kid who came in stuck to a chair with that bright tights and spandex getup? Yup. Two weeks wasn’t long enough to let that go? I thought weird stuff happened in hospitals all the time. Being tied and superglued to a chair can’t be that unusual.

Now I just have to figure out how my sister learned how to build explosives that small.

And where she found all those fire ants. 

* My name is not "The Nameless Hero"
Don't trust the media - they're wrong.
It's totally not my name.
No, I don't care that it's catching on.
You're missing the whole point.
Yes, yes I do actually have  a point.
The point is I don't have a name.
Why should a superhero have a name?
If I'm doing my job right then you shouldn't even know I'm here.
Just let it go, please.
- the nameless hero
P.S. it's still not my name I just don't know how else to sign off

No comments:

Post a Comment